Its origin dates back to the end of the 13th century or the beginning of the 14th century, when Queen Santa Isabel built in this place, formerly away from the village, a leprosy with a chapel dedicated to Saint Vincent.
However, the configuration that it still presents today results in a large part of the works suffered throughout the 16th century, after the integration of its assets in the Almshouse of Óbidos, then founded: a single nave and chancel covered by a vault of pointed ribs, bearing the Cross of Christ in its central clasp.
The communication between the church and the leprosy would be made through a galilee, whose arches can be detected inside. In the middle of the same century, under the reign of D. João III, new works were carried out. In fact, it is known that between 1530 and 1550 the nave is enlarged, closing the galilee, and on the outside are buttresses and a new portal of classic taste. A retable from Garcia Fernandes’ workshop from around 1540-1550 is also installed, consisting of seven boards with scenes from the Martyrdom of Saint Vincent, today at the Municipal Museum.
In the middle of the 17th century, the headquarters of the parish of Saint John the Baptist of Mocharro moved to this church, until then headquartered in the church with the same name located outside the walls, a fact that will have given rise to new remodelling works, such as painting the vault of chancel with polychrome brutesco motifs. The 1755 earthquake also struck the temple, corresponding to that period the bell tower and the current altarpiece of the chancel, of rococo carving with a canvas representing Saint John the Baptist. In 2003, works were carried out to be adapted to Parish Museum.