Medieval foundation, from its original construction preserves only the remains of the old Gothic portal on the facade. It was renovated in the second half of the 16th century, like other churches in the town, of which the main classicizing portal with a large window still remains, allowing light to enter the religious space. Very affected by the 1755 earthquake, it stands out in its interior the magnificent Baroque altarpiece in gilded wood from the Johannine period (17th-18th century) with a single nave. The old painting of the altarpiece – Saint Peter receiving the keys of heaven from Christ – from the end of the 17th century or beginning of the 18th is currently on the wall on the side of the Epistle. Father Francisco Rafael da Silveira Malhão (1794-1860) was buried in this church, with an evocative gravestone in the chancel and knowing by testament that the painter Josefa de Óbidos (1630-1684) wanted to be buried in this church.