9 de April, 2021

Almshouse Church

Former Chapel of Holy Spirit, the Almshouse of Óbidos was founded here by Queen Leonor, according to tradition, in 1498. The church underwent several reforms, mostly […]
9 de April, 2021

Saint Martin’s Chapel

Family tomb chapel, located in front of Saint Peter’s Church. It was instituted in 1331 by Father Pêro Fernandes, vicar of Lourinhã and benefited from the […]
9 de April, 2021

Saint Peter’s Church

Medieval foundation, from its original construction preserves only the remains of the old Gothic portal on the facade. It was renovated in the second half of […]
9 de April, 2021

Rua Direita (Main street)

Known with this designation already in the 14th century, connects the town gate to the Castle. In the 16th and 17th centuries, Rua Direita underwent important […]
9 de April, 2021

Camões Monument

Built by the Óbidos Initiative and Tourism Commission at the entrance of the town, it was placed in 1932, to mark the reference that Luís de […]
9 de April, 2021

Town Gate

The main entrance to the town has the inscription – «The Virgin Our Lady was conceived without original sin» – ordered by King D. João IV, […]
9 de April, 2021

Saint John the Baptist Church

Its origin dates back to the end of the 13th century or the beginning of the 14th century, when Queen Santa Isabel built in this place, […]
9 de April, 2021

Memory Cross

Monument erected in the first half of the 16th century, replacing another one that would be found here, at the express wish of D. Afonso Henriques […]
9 de April, 2021

Castle

This castle, of Roman origin, was built under Arab domain. After the Christian conquest (1148), the castle was repaired and enlarged many times. During the reign […]
X